Policy on cookies and other trackers
To set your cookie preferences, click on the wheel at the bottom left of the ‘Horizons by Carrefour’ home page.
You may disable cookies for which you have given your consent at any time and free of charge using the options given below.
Our electronic communications may also contain tracking devices to measure, among other things, audience and interests.
What is a cookie and what does it do?
When visiting the website, information relating to the browsing of your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) on the website may be recorded in text files called ‘cookies’ installed on your browser. Cookies will be used to recognise your browser during the validity period of the cookie in question and to send certain information back to the website.
Only the issuer of each cookie is able to read or modify the information it contains.
There are various types of cookies:
- session cookies, which disappear as soon as you leave the website;
- permanent cookies, which remain on your terminal until they expire or until you delete them using your browser options.
You are hereby informed that, during your visits to this website, cookies may be installed on your terminal.
What other trackers are used?
Other types of trackers may also be used, such as web bugs. These are tiny graphic images that can be placed on the website or in an email.
Their function is to collect technical information (e.g. your IP address or the type of device you are using) and information about your activity (e.g. the date and time you view a page) or to allow the installation of a third-party cookie to send said information back to a server.
Purpose of cookies and other trackers
Some cookies are essential for the use of the website, others make it possible to optimise the use of the website and personalise the contents that are displayed. Accordingly, cookies make it possible to:
- measure and analyse the frequentation and use of the website, its sections and services so that we can carry out studies and improve the interest and ergonomics of the website and our services;
- measure safety and performance.
Cookies and other trackers installed from our website
The cookies and other trackers used on the website are:
- Carrefour France cookies and other trackers;
- third-party cookies and other trackers restrictively chosen by Carrefour France to achieve specific objectives.
Cookies and other trackers installed by Carrefour France and third parties on our website.
This section lists the cookies and other trackers installed by tools or third parties on our website.
The Google Analytics service used for our website lets us count visitors and identify how they use the website. It is a statistical tool that enables Carrefour France to improve its website by taking into account visitors’ requirements.
The data generated by these cookies focuses on:
- your use of the website, such as the pages you visit;
- your IP address to determine the city from which you connect. This data is anonymised immediately after location and is not sent to Google.
Cookies embedded in third-party applications on our sites or services
We may include third-party software applications on our website that will let you share the content of our website with others or notify them of your visits to and/or opinions of our website content. This is notably the case for the ‘Share’ and ‘Like’ buttons from social media such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, etc.
The social media are likely to identify you by means of this button even if you have not specifically used it when visiting our website. This type of application button may allow the social media in question to track your browsing on our website simply because your social media account was activated on your browser (open session) while you were browsing our website.
Sharing the use of your terminal with others
If your terminal is used by more than one person and where the same terminal has more than one web browser installed, we cannot guarantee you with any certainty that the services and advertising directed at your terminal will match your own use of the terminal and not that of another user.
Sharing the use of your terminal equipment with others and configuring your browser settings for cookies and other trackers is your choice and responsibility.
On your first visit to our Website, you are given a choice between accepting and rejecting the use of certain cookies.
Rejection and consent cookies must be kept on your terminal. You can change your preferences at any time by clicking on the wheel at the botton left of the “Horizons by Carrefour” home page.
Accordingly, you can manage cookies:
- directly on our website by clicking on the wheel
at the bottom left of the ‘Horizons by Carrefour’ home page; or
- in your web browser; or
- by means of interprofessional opposition platforms.
- Managing cookies using the management module: this module lets you choose the cookies you wish to accept and those you wish to reject on our Website.
At any time, click on the wheel at the bottom left of the ‘Horizons by Carrefour’ home page to access the module and set your preferences.
- Managing cookies using your browser: you can configure your web browser for cookies to be installed or rejected on your terminal either systematically or according to source.
You can also use your browser to regularly erase cookies from your terminal.
Remember to configure all the browsers on your various terminals (tablet, smartphone, computer, etc.).
When managing cookies and your preferences, each browser has different settings. This is described in your browser’s help menu, which will tell you how to change your cookie settings. Examples:
- Internet Explorer™ http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies;
- Safari™ https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/safari;
- Chrome™ http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647;
- Firefox™ http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies;
- Opera™ http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html.
For more information, please visit the website of the French Data Protection Authority: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/cookies-les-outils-pour-les-maitriser;
- Online cookie management using inter-professional opposition platforms: A number of professional advertising platforms also offer you the option of rejecting or accepting cookies used by their member companies.
These centralised mechanisms do not block the display of advertising, but simply prevent the installation of cookies so that advertising can be adapted to your areas of interest and behaviour patterns.
For example, you can log on to www.youronlinechoices.com to prevent the installation of these cookies on your terminal. This website is provided by digital advertising professionals as members of a European association, the EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance), which is managed in France by the Interactive Advertising Bureau France.
This lists the companies registered on the platform and offers you the option of rejecting or accepting the cookies they use to adapt the advertisements displayed on your browser to the data they collect: www.youronlinechoices.com/fr/controler-ses-cookies/.
This European platform is shared by hundreds of Internet advertising companies and provides a centralised interface for you to reject or accept cookies as described above.
Protection of personal data
Third-party cookies and other trackers depend on external processors who, should you accept such cookies, may process your personal data.
The issue and use of these cookies and other trackers by third parties are subject to their own privacy policies. For more information about this type of processing, please refer to their privacy policies.
List of partners
- Google Analytics: https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/terms/fr/
- Incapsula: not available
- Facebook: https://fr-fr.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=fr
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
The data collected is essential to achieve the purposes of each cookie and tracker. It is intended solely for the authorised services of Carrefour France and/or the companies issuing third-party cookies and other trackers.
Your personal data may be transferred to service providers located in third countries that are not members of the European Union, more specifically the United States.
These data transfers are governed by a cross-border flow agreement drawn up in accordance with standard controller-to-processor contractual clauses issued by the European Commission and currently in force.
Personal data collected via cookies and other trackers is never kept longer than necessary to achieve the purpose of the cookie or tracker and, in any event, no longer than 13 months.
You have the right to query, access, correct, erase and make your personal data portable, as well as the right to limit processing. You also have a right of opposition to processing whose legal basis is the legitimate interest of Carrefour and a right of opposition to market research. In addition, you have the right to issue specific and general instructions regarding the storage, erasure and disclosure of your data after your death.
The communication of specific post-mortem instructions and the exercise of rights can be carried out by e-mail to [email protected] or by post to the Data Protection Officer at 35 rue Pierre et Dominique Ponchardier, espace Fauriel, CS 60337, 42015 Saint Etienne cedex 2, attaching/enclosing proof of your identity by any means.
If, after contacting us, you feel that your rights regarding your data are not being respected, you may lodge a complaint with the French Data Protection Authority.